our award-winning VIP programme has been upgraded for the secondary music classroom. VIP supports the teaching and learning of contemporary music genres and is the perfect introduction to music technology and production.
Users work through a series of video tutorials – in the classroom or at home – to learn how to create music and develop tracks in Charanga’s YuStudio DAW. Beyond this, young people can go more deeply into a unit to refine their compositions and explore music production in greater depth.
The tutorials follow a six-week approach with students learning how to compose in the following genres:
For each genre, the video tutorials:
- explore the characteristics of the genre
- focus on key musical and stylistic aspects
- support music-making in Charanga’s YuStudio DAW
- enable deeper learning
Since its launch, VIP has developed an avid following among teachers and students who love its contemporary approach and industry-relevant content. We will add more genres and features to it regularly.
These units will support your music curriculum for students aged 11–14 and beyond, and provide extension and enrichment opportunities across the school.
Try it yourself - take a free 30-day trial
See what Charanga Secondary can do for you and the young people you work with.
- ✔ YuStudio — a full-featured DAW for schools — with no seat limits
- ✔ Ready-made projects supporting YuStudio's use
- ✔ Secure workspaces to set and assess work online
- ✔ A Bonus Library of resources to enhance your curriculum